2002 Grand Am GT flasher problem

Blinkers and E flashers work normally but when they disengage the flasher continues to click. Lights are not flashing when this happens. It will click for a few seconds (maybe 10 secs) and then stops but periodically it will click more. Off and on. Anyone got any ideas???? Thanks,

Reply to
Cicretsqrl

Bad column switch.

Reply to
« Paul =?is

Thank you for your reply. Think I could test your theory by not moving or touching the steering wheel???

Reply to
Cicretsqrl

The flasher units in these cars are under recall - contact your local dealer.

Reply to
Weird

In news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com, Cicretsqrl rambled:

I believe there's a recall on the flasher units in your Grand Am. There was for mine, a 2000 GA GT, and IIRC, it went all the way through 2003 models.

Reply to
Briscobar

"Cicretsqrl" wrote: > Blinkers and E flashers work normally but when they disengage > the flasher > continues to click. Lights are not flashing when this happens. > It will > click for a few seconds (maybe 10 secs) and then stops but > periodically it > will click more. Off and on. Anyone got any ideas???? Thanks,

Mine is a 2002 4-door, All grand am?s from 2000-2003 had a recall on that unit

Reply to
bobparsons

And your point is exactly what Bob?

Reply to
Weird

"delano_h" wrote: > And your point is exactly what Bob?

Bring it in for the recall

Reply to
bobparsons

Is this the same recall as for the turn signal and 4 way recall? I had that done already and my turn signal just started to make the clicking noise when it isn't on. I guess my question being, are there two different recalls for this problem?

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Jon