Land Rover's Sat Nav software

Does anyone know if the Sat Nav software that comes as standard on a

2003 Range Rover HSE can be upgraded, and are Land Rover the only suppliers for it?
Reply to
SL

No and Yes. The map data is supplied by Navteq but as is common with factory fit installs, what you get is what you're stuck with. Apart from map updates and the occasional bug fix release you cannot update or change the software.

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

Ahh, thanks. I was hoping to buy an updated map (I need Spain and Italy) from this site which I think says they work with "Factory installed navigation systems of ... Land Rover, Range Rover" :

Steve Linford

Ah, map data is a different question. Map Update CD's can 'normally' be bought far cheaper from the Geodata provider (Navteq or TeleAtlas are the two main ones) or other outlets rather than the dealer but you would need to confirm compatability. A a few systems will only accept the manufacturer branded (and hence far more expensive) versions. Your current Map CD will confirm if it is Navteq or TeleAtlas by their logon on it, then visit their on-line store and ask them if it is compatible.

Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

That's perfect, thanks! I see the Navteq site's vehicle selector even shows me the right maps for my L322 :)

Reply to
SL