2004 GTO Body started off as a 1993 Opel

wow good thing they decided not to make that 2005 cavalier, its hideous. the Cobalt is going to be such a nicer replacement for it..

Reply to
Paradox

Take a look at this web site. It shows the 2004 GTO body style has been around for 10 Years.

a fan of the body styling of the new GTO but the rest looks good.

Reply to
GTO Driver

Yep GM definatley cut corners to put together this fraud called a GTO. Looks like an Opel to me.

Reply to
Jebadiah Springfield

Unless they make some drastic design changes next year the GTO will be a failure, anybody can put a big engine in a car but it takes talent to make a visual piece of art.

Reply to
Jebadiah Springfield

I think it'll sell pretty well, alot of people are complaining about how it looks, but when you get down to it people are inside and they're gonna notice the performance and the interior, not the body.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

It may look like an Opel, but does it drive like one?

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

If I could have afforded the extra 10G's I'd have waited for the GTO to come out and have gotten that...

Reply to
Paradox

So what ?

You have a problem with product development ?

Sure, it started out as an Opel design, has just been refined over the years to suit uniquely Australian conditions and market preferances here. We like our cars to handle, as well as go. Probably a foreign concept to you.

By the way, you're about 13 years out, the Opel Commodore design was taken on by GM-H around 1980, not 1993 as your website link suggests.

IMHO sending the Monaro to the septics is like feeding strawberries to PIGS.

Maybe if it had hood scoops and lightning decals on the fenders, it'd get rave reviews from the drooling morons.

But, it doesn't, it just goes around corners like a dream, like none of your domestic shit ever could.

Reply to
Rod Keys

Product development is fine, this looks more like product redevelopment. Decals and hood scoops not neccessarily, how about a new body. If you like it so much I would say just keep it in Australia but rebadge it to an Opel.

Reply to
Popeye Sailor..US Navy