The addy is found here, and anyone is welcome to have a listen. :)

You'll need RealPlayer to play the sound. It's only around 64K so it won't take long to download even on dialup and is about 30 seconds of sound so you can get a good listen. try not to email people too much from newsgroups. Old habit and policy of mine. :) Like you I watch out for spam/junk mail. Also I like to share info with others so that's another reason I post here so that others can benefit as well.

I built my current PC myslf as well. It's a fun thing to do. :) Just don't get a Syntax 8601a motherboard. Those are useless if you want to do things like video editing and watching DVDs. I got an A-Bit IS-10 motherboard with Intel chipset and it rocks! :)

My neighbor has an older Chevy Cav. and it sounds pretty good. Those are J-bodys though where mine's an A-body style. I like the sound of my car though. I think it's pretty cool. :)

I never noticed... Then again I only seemed to be paying attention to it when it's idling for some reason. On the road I think it does sound slightly different, though not much.

I had mine replaced last year during inspection as it went just before that. Then my catalytic converter broke while on the way to inspection this year. That's another thing to watch is the exhaust system. I still have a rumbling in it but my friend and I looked it over and found no problems. Our mechanic is quite good so I know it wasn't an installation or part problem. My friend says it could be just loud because there's less carbon in the converter and thus less muffling going on. I dunno...

If you're dropping fart cans right and left, then maybe it's more the mechanics aren't doing things right and/or bad parts, or both. Keeping the underside washed well at a car wash, especially if you're driving during winter months in areas where they spray a lot of salt on the roads, that helps too.

Mine is just last year started up with rust and holes at the bottom of the doors, and some bubbling on the fenders. It doesn't seem to be too bad otherwise and in other places. Still in great shape, actually. You'll find that your bumpers are mostly of a plastic type or fiberglass meterial and not metal, which is nice, but they are all school-bus yellow with paint sprayed over the bumpers! I don't think mine rusts any worse than other cars, maybe even not quite as bad. Depends too on what you drive it in and how often you get it to a car wash.

-- ~ Fuzzie Dice ~ Car: 1987 Pontiac 6000 Knight Dreams (Restoration of Kitt)

Fuzzie Dice

I'm posting it in this thread so folks can hear. :) Look in one of my newer messages, or you can go to the site in my sig, go into the Media area and it's in that list there. Only 64K and 30 seconds. Requires RealPlayer to hear. If you have problems finding the link I'll try and post it more obvious in the group here.

-- ~ Fuzzie Dice ~ Car: 1987 Pontiac 6000 Knight Dreams (Restoration of Kitt)

Fuzzie Dice

So you named her "Baby"? :) Mine is named "Kitt" after the Knight Rider car. I'm planing to restore/convert it into a Knighted Ride. Your car looks to be in better shape than mine even. Looks nice!

-- ~ Fuzzie Dice ~ Car: 1987 Pontiac 6000 Knight Dreams (Restoration of Kitt)

Fuzzie Dice

Reply to
Travis King

Reply to
Travis King

Reply to
Travis King

This is correct over 400k on one engine, but it had much mechanical work done to it while getting to 400k, like water pump, alternator, starter, oil pan, manifold gasket, carborator rebuild, new radiator, and oil changes every 2k miles. See I got the car when it only had 140k on it and I drove it everyday. It went through a gallon of oil a week, so bad I was going to autozone and getting their used oil and putting in it. It wasnt the engine that blew, I hit three deer with the car, then drove it home, the following year it was put in the Demolition derby and theres were it laid to rest, after the steering colum broke.

I'm still w> > I got this car at an auto salvage yard, its got 107k on it now, it

Reply to
A Frazier

Reply to
Travis King

Reply to
Travis King

Reply to
Travis King

Easy-Off oven cleaner does a great job of engine cleaning

Reply to
DA .

My friend bought the parts for me and yeah, he got everything at newegg.com. Another friend of mine also recommended them. I like them, as well. There's other places I also shop at including TigerDirect.com, MicroCenter.com and DirecTron.com. MicroCenter I've done business with for many years. My last computer before this one was bought there. I used to purchase floppy disks (5.25"!!) from them back in the 80s when I had a Tandy Color Computer 3 system. Back then they were popular with folks who had that computer and they were called "MEI Micro". They started carrying more PC parts and drifted from the CoCo stuff more, then changed their name. Still they are a good store. I also like BUY.com and have purchased a few things from them as well. Haven't had any problems with any of these stores.

-- ~ Fuzzie Dice ~ Car: 1987 Pontiac 6000 Knight Dreams (Restoration of Kitt)

Fuzzie Dice

LOL! "Egg Beater" ;P Or maybe you could call her "Chopper" (Short for helicopter). ;) She's a nice looking car nonetheless. I gotta get with it and do some work on Kitt before the rust eats up his doors and fenders. :(

-- ~ Fuzzie Dice ~ Car: 1987 Pontiac 6000 Knight Dreams (Restoration of Kitt)

Fuzzie Dice

I change my oil yearly but am going to try to do this every 3 months. I don't go even 1k in a year, though. Maybe a bit over half that. It sounds about right with all the stuff you had to do with it. On my site in the maintenance section you'll see all that got done to mine since I had it, and what is still left to do (To Do is at bottom of page).

I had 142k on mine when I got it 4 years ago. I don't drive every day though. Maybe twice a week if that. I don't get out much. Sometimes in the summer it might be more than that but not often. But I do care for it the best I can though. It's still in good shape for it's age.

Now THAT is a problem. :) I go to AutoZone a lot too, to get parts and stuff. They are getting to know me over there. :)

Aw... :~( Sad to hear. I heard somewhere that the 6000's have actually a Trans Am steering column in them. Or the same steering column they used in Trans Ams. Anyone know anything about this?

I don't know. I am sure mine was made in USA. But I think the 3 dear and the derby didn't help much. ;)

-- ~ Fuzzie Dice ~ Car: 1987 Pontiac 6000 Knight Dreams (Restoration of Kitt)

Fuzzie Dice

I kinda figured as much, from what you were describing. It's probably normal for that car of that age. When I first got Kitt, I related the sound to that of an engine in a diesel truck. I always loved that sound for some reason. :)

-- ~ Fuzzie Dice ~ Car: 1987 Pontiac 6000 Knight Dreams (Restoration of Kitt)

Fuzzie Dice

Darn, I never thought of that! Is that safe for the engine block?

-- ~ Fuzzie Dice ~ Car: 1987 Pontiac 6000 Knight Dreams (Restoration of Kitt)

Fuzzie Dice

Reply to
Travis King

it won't hurt cast iron or aluminum

Reply to
DA .

That computer looks pretty cool, too bad your mom didnt buy you a manual to learn how to use it. Hmmm were would I post a message about a computer??!?!

Reply to
A Frazier

computer??!?!

Reply to