By the way, I know my computer specs. almost inside and out. Case: Aspire X-Dreamer II case with an upgraded FMI (CompUSA) 400W power supply with 8 4-pin connectors (Case includes two blue LED case fans) FMI aluminum case fan with blue LEDs (3-pin - had to buy a 3-pin extension cable to get the wire to reach the motherboard) Asus A7V333 motherboard without RAID rev 1.xx BIOS version 1017 Kingston HyperX 512MB PC-3000 RAM AMD Athlon XP 2400+ overclocked to 2.2GHz - multiplier: 16.5x133FSB=2.2GHz (originally rated at 2GHz) Old Chaintech NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti200 128MB DDR with TV out video card Creative Soundblaster Live! 5.1 sound card Linksys 10/100 network card Mad Dog dual cold cathode lights (blue) - by the way, they were a pain to install Memorex 52x32x52 CD RW drive Lite On 16x DVD drive (48x CD ROM) Panasonic 3 1/2" floppy drive Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM 2MB cache hard drive (IDE primary master C:)

*Formats to 74.52GB Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM 8MB cache hard drive (IDE primary slave D:) *Formats to 111.78GB Windows XP Home Edition Proview 19" monitor (CRT) (UXGA 1600x1200 MAX screen resolution; 1280x1024 recommended)

some

Reply to
Travis King

alt.autos.pontiac.

Reply to
Travis King

Very impressive, you must just have made a simple mistake

alt.autos.pontiac.

Reply to
A Frazier

16.5x133FSB=2.2GHz

fixing/replacing

newsgroups.

Reply to
Travis King

Reply to
Travis King

an 86.....hmmm does that have a carburator? I can't think of any reason a fuel injected engine would stall on turns, unless an engine ground is very loose. It should not overheat at a drive through. Flush the coolant, repkace the thermostat, and make sure the engine cooling fan come on. GW

Travis King wrote: (edited for bandwidth)

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Reply to
Travis King

Reply to
Travis King

Oh, it was a computer. :) Nice machine! I love the new Guardian cases with the mouth on them and hope to get one sometime. :) I just lost a floppy drive in mine (I named him "Drake"). But I borrowed back my eMachines and got the floppies backed up and burned to CD so I don't need the drive anymore. My friends will be taking the eMachines back again soon. I let them have that after I built Drake. Both are pretty good machines but Drake is MUCH more powerful. :)

Ok, we drifted off topic here, I see.... LOL!

-- ~ Fuzzie Dice ~ Car: 1987 Pontiac 6000 Knight Dreams (Restoration of Kitt)

Fuzzie Dice

I think he means that we're talking about computers in a car newsgroup, which is kinda off topic. ;) Sometimes one strays from the topic at times.

Nice computer though...

-- ~ Fuzzie Dice ~ Car: 1987 Pontiac 6000 Knight Dreams (Restoration of Kitt)

Fuzzie Dice

I was told that driving it for long distances at a good rate of speed is good for the engine, because it helps clean the carbon out of it. I have a friend take mine out every so often since I can't go for too long a distance in a car myself.

-- ~ Fuzzie Dice ~ Car: 1987 Pontiac 6000 Knight Dreams (Restoration of Kitt)

Fuzzie Dice

Reply to
Travis King

Reply to
Travis King

Reply to
Travis King

Reply to
Travis King

Reply to
Travis King

Ya. It rocks. :)

-- ~ Fuzzie Dice ~ Car: 1987 Pontiac 6000 Knight Dreams (Restoration of Kitt)

Fuzzie Dice

Dang that was a long thread!! I just had to get rid of an 88 Celebrity (6000 clone) due to a fuel pump that went and I had no recourse. Paid $200 for it. It had over 135000 on the odometer. 2.5L TBI auto/over. The thing sounded like a sewing machine running without lube, but it got a best of

41mpg, and averaged 35+. It didn't burn a drop of oil, nor did it leak any. The AC worked like a champ and other than a tree accident from a previous owner (Hit the roof...Small dent) The body was near perfect. When I got rid of it it had 157000 on it and MAN I miss that car!

With best regards, TheGarbageGuy. E-mail: t5boss@yahoo(removethis).com

Reply to
TheGarbageGuy