'95 GP COLD!? Why...

Ok, yeah it's -30 outside, but the car hardly heats up at all. Is there some way to make it circulate the air inside the car only? Every other car I've had there has been a vent that closes for outside air, but I see not such vent (or switch) on this car.

---------------------------------------------- Brian Howe

------------ Information is power. Thanks to all who empower me

Brian

At temeratures of 30 below zero any car is going to seem to be cold inside. There is so much cold air hitting the car, coming through the grille, chilling the radiator and whoosing by the glass - the heater can pump out enough heat to compensate for the cold air that is coming through the vehicle from the outside. Wear heavier clothes.

I don't know if 1095 has an inside air recirclator. My 91, 89, 78, 68 and 73 GM cars didn't have a inside air recirculator. I know 2000 models & up has that feature.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~275,068 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

first off, make sure your coolant level is good and the coolant isn't frozen. Next, change your thermostat! Finally, if you are getting enough heat from the engine, check that your blower motor is working correctly.

Reply to
gooch