97 Sunfire

Hi guys - I posted about this problem (I think approx last fall) but of course now can't remember any replies. My husbands 97 Sunfire 2.2 auto decided not to start one day. Turn the key and nothing. Finally called tow truck and had it towed to C Tire. Mechanic turns the key and it starts. Today it did the same thing and by the time the tow truck got there, he turned the key and the car started. Seems to be approx an hour downtime and then it will start. Car looks and runs like new and has always been very well maintained. Any ideas? TIA.

Reply to
Jan

Take a picture of the tow truck guy and place it on the inside of the hood. Should fix it.

Reply to
Mike

I believe that falls under the manufacturer recall. You should have received a letter from GM about it. I did for my '98 Sunfire. I haven't had problems, but I know my mother's '97 Sunfire had the ignition problem too and got it fixed under the recall. Check around online for recalls or call a local dealership.

Reply to
coug