99 Grand Am Side View Mirror Replacement

So, I can field strip a PC in about 15 minutes, but I can't change the oil in my car to save my life. About a week ago, my side view mirror broke off and I'm looking to do the replacement myself...

It's a basic black manual mirror, so I'm wondering if it's as easy as removing the inside tweeter speaker panel behind the mirror and unscrewing and replacing?

Does that tweeter speaker panel assembly simply snap in? Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Reply to
wiltbank

Not that easy because they made one screw only accessible with the interior door panel off, at least with the remote control mirrors on a '01. I would imagine that they all mount up to the door the same however.

To remove the door panel, make sure you undo the screw behind the reflector in addition to those at the door handle.

Pretty sure the tweeter assembly just snaps in/out as I recall, so you should have a look see behind there first.

Howard

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Weird

Howard,

Thanks -- I was able to gank off the tweeter panel and it seems as though I just have to remove three screws to replace the mirror (it's a manual -- push on mirror to adjust). I get the part tommorow, hopefully, it'll be a 15-minute job.

Rob

Reply to
wiltbank