99 Sunfire GT-blinking battery light?

This morning I was driving along and noticed the battery light on. I stopped and checked belts and connections, all was well. I then notices while driving home that the light stayed on while I was driving but started to flash when I was stopped. Any ideas what is going on? Mark

Reply to
Niagara Boy

From your post I gather you don't have any test equipment. The only thing I can suggest at the moment is to make sure the battery has water, disassemble and clean the battery terminals. If you have a meter see what kind of DC voltage the battery is seeing and check for AC to rule out the regulator.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Kitterman

I checked with a meter in the afternoon. Battery 12.3 volts. Car running-battery 11.8volts. Changed the alternator and all is well!

Reply to
Niagara Boy