Car Squealing

Yesterday as I was going around a mild bend in the road, my car started a very load squeal. The longer I drove, the more it did it. At first it was only when my wheel was turned slightly to the right. Now it?s all the time. Occasionally, if I turn to the left, it will stop. It stops squealing when I?m at a complete stop. I checked all my fluids and found I had no power steering fluid. I filled it, but it still hasn?t stopped. I don?t want to get taken at the mechanics (as I have in the past). Any ideas?

Also, I was driving a week ago and it acted like it wasn?t getting any gas at all and stalled. This happened 4 times, but now it?s quit doing it.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Reply to
fartblossom

sounds like the power steering pump, is it now full? have you gotten the air out of the system?

Reply to
M.C. Tee
Reply to
fartblossom

Along with that, you might check the belt, it may have burned when trying to turn the dry pump. If you have a can of belt dressing, try that and see if the problem goes away, if it does you have a week or two to replace the belt before it starts squealing again.

Reply to
john graesser

When my PS was squealing, I removed all the fluid I could from the reservoir and filled up with Valvoline SynPower. I ran it for a while then drained and filled again. Then again a third time. There is a bleeding procedure for the PS fluid but it takes two people and probably uses just as much fluid.

There has been no noise in more than five years and 50,000 miles.

Now I routinely change out the fluid on any car that I get.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Scott Buchanan