car wont start

i have a 90 pontiac bonneiville or how ever its spelt lol sittin in my garage at the moment it dosent want to start but i know its not the battery or the alternator when trying to start it gives a ticking noise but once i got it into my garage and tried to start it all i got was one loud thud please help

Reply to
67gto

Chevrolet

How do you know it's not the battery? If the battery is too low, all you will hear is a 'tick' noise. Make sure the battery is charged up. Those 3800 engines can take one hell of a beating, and keep on going.

Reply to
80 Knight

Can you isolate where the ticking sound is coming from?

Brian

Reply to
bcnmason