check engine

I drive a 2001 potiac grand prix gt. and my check engine light came on i did check the gas gap , to make sure it was closed . the car only has

66000km on it my question is what could it be that make the light come on the onwers manual does not say much about it does any body has any idears thanks
Reply to
Chris.L

Goto autozone and have your code(s) read for free then report back to us with the code(s)...

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

Where on this site do you get your codes read??

Reply to
Jan

? This site cant read codes. You have to use a scanner or on older models jumper the pins. Autozone is a store thats found most around the US.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

I don't remember the exact procedure, but as I recall from the owner's manual, there's a way to read the error codes with no tools required. I think you have to pull the MALL PGM fuse and do a couple of other things. Of course, you still need somrthing to tell you WHAT the code means.

-jwardl

Reply to
jwardl