check engine light problem

I filled up yesterday at a different station, and today my check engine light came on in my 99 sunfire, and stayed on. I did check evrything under the hood first. Could this be the problem or could something like fuel enjectors also lead up to this?

Reply to
Barry

You need a scan tool to retrieve the trouble code that has set the check engine light. It is quite common however, for a loose gas cap to fool the evaporative emission control system into thinking there is a leak. If that's the case, the light will go back out after tightening the cap, and after a few drive cycles. GW

Barry wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

check your gas cap