De-carbon

should i get my engine decarbonized after replacing \the egr valve

50,000 miles 99 grand prix gtp
Reply to
Berge

add small amounts of water through the intake manifold that would raise compression and blow out carbon you have to be very careful.

Jim.J

Reply to
Jim.J

well the dealer told me that the egr valve failed because of carbon build up and therefore i should get it cleaned out 3 hour job and $400.00 the egr replacement was coverded by warrenty but not the cleaning job..

Reply to
Berge