Door open indicator on 00 GP GT?

How does the door open indicator on the center of the dash get it's signal... My old truck has a plunger button in the door seal. I can not find one on the GP and now while driving down the road the chime will sound and the thing will flash that the drivers door is open and I know it is not... It will indicate open for sometime and then go out but will come back on just enough to annoy the crap out of me.. And of Course the dealer "Can Not Duplicate the Problem" Thanks for any advise Doni

Reply to
Lucero

I'm guessing here, but its probably connected to the door latching mechanism on the side of the door. They got the bright idea a few years ago to put the interior light switch inside the door too, when it worked fine for 60 years inside the door jamb.

good luck.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~274,329 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

ahh so thats where it is, I couldn't find the typical plungers on my monte carlo...

Reply to
Paradox

My friends 2003 Ford Ranger has the damn switches in the door too. A couple weeks ago they froze and the dome light wouldn't turn off. Nice thing to happen on something with less than 4,000 miles ...

Reply to
Dennis Smith

well at least I wont have to worry about the freezing problem here...

Reply to
Paradox