help 1995 pontiac wont start

I have a 1995 pontiac transport with 165328 miles and it wont start. It rolls over but the gauges on the dash dont come on when you turn on the key. A couple of times trying to start it the lights and gauges did come on and it starts right up. Does anyone have any ideas????

Reply to
rakroll

Try the simplest things first ... I'd take a good look at the battery connections and make sure they are clean and tight. Remove them first, clean both posts and connectors with a wire brush and re-tighten.

Good luck!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

I did clean the battery cables. The van rolls over good but wont start. Im thinking maybe computer or switch somewere is not working becouse when it rolls over, i have no spark or no fuel pump and no lights or gauges on the dash. When you turn the key on to start the amp gauge and all the chech engine lights all worked and you could here the fuel pump kick on. But know the engine rolls over and wont start.

Reply to
rakroll

Do you have spark?

Reply to