Disco wont start

Went to go home after doing nights and Discovery (1995 3.9) wont start, battery not flat but nothing happens at all. I dont think my model has the infamous spider?? I locked and unlocked the doors a couple of times incase the immobiliser hadnt deactivated and also shifted between gears thinking it might be the inhibitor switch

Any ideas anyone? Thanks Richard

Reply to
Richard

Solenoid activation wire fallen off the starter? Happened to my sister-in-law's car recently, and after AA deemed the problem 'unrepairable' and recovered it home for her it took me 20 seconds to fix.

Reply to
EMB

Had a problem with mine last week, turned out to be the earth strap from the engine had corroded away, ended up earthing via the handbrake cable and melting it!!!

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Just had the AA out. Its the starter motor, seems to have a dead spot on it. Richard

Reply to
Richard