HELP?!

I have a 1998 Pontiac Grand Am GT and I need any advice I can get. Everytime I put the car into park it blows a fuse then I can't get the car back into drive unless I replace the fuse. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
AmyH

And the fuse that it blows is?????

Reply to
DUH

I'll have to find the name of the fuse out and get back to you. I know that it is located in the panel under the hood. I know that probably does not narrow things down either. I'll find the exact name of it and get back to you. Thanks...

Reply to
AmyH

ERLS Fuse is the fuse that keeps going out. Any Ideas what this could be???

Reply to
AmyH

Gear selector switch or park solenoid is either broken or the wiring is shorting out.

Reply to
« Paul =?is

That fuse supplies quite a few components per this list:

Electronic brake control relay Electronic brake control module Evaporative emissions canister vent solenoid Evaporative emissions canister purge valve Transaxle range switch Transaxle EGR valve Air conditioner clutch relay

The power to all these things is a PINK wire.

If it were me I would get a big supply of fuses then start disconnecting things one at a time until the culprit(s) shows itself by the fuse no longer blowing.

Reply to
Silver Surfer