Highest Milege Pontiac in here?

I'd like to know the highest, daily driver, mileage Pontiac in here. And what year/model, one that, that's all. Thanks. I'm just curious. On first engine and tranny.

Reply to
Frank Burns

Litter

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~276,660 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face
1993 Pontiac 3.8L supercharged, with 303,000 Km same engine and transmission. Still running strong and same supercharge unit which is a bless as someone has told me it has a limited life expectancy to around 150,000 km.

Reply to
NOSPAM

Looks like you take first place for now Harry, unless some one else chimes in. What's 321,000KM equivalent to 199,000 miles or so.

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE

Reply to
markwb

What happened to my text?

Original engine. No ABS or airbags. Trans rebuilt @ 192,000 miles. Engine opened up once @ 220,000 miles to replace an intake gasket. Original injectors. Original Exhaust except the converter. Original ECM. All origianl Air Conditioner parts except Evaporator Core. Original Radiator, Heater Core, Blower motor. All engine sensor's original except camshaft & the one on the air filter box.

Starter #2, Altenator #3, Water pump #3. Ingition wires # 2, Battery #3. Coil Pack #4. IAC #2, Cam Sensor #3. Fuel Pump # 2 ( @ 250,000 miles ).

Code 41 on again, may be the magnet going to hail now : - (

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~276,660 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

175,000 94 Pontiac GrandPrix- Tranny went boom and cudda been fixed. Parked.
Reply to
Craig Watts

Alternator # 3 (apparently GM has changed their alternator design late

1993). Replaced throttle position sensor at 265,000 km; brake master cylinder leaked at 280,000 km and purged to replace brake fluid. Battery 3 times; ABS hub sensor (front) once; engine oil pressure sensor once 1 and general maintenance include transmission oil change every 40,000 - 50,000 km and engine oil change 4 times per years (using Mobile 1 oil). AC (R132) stop working two years ago. Today, gas tank is leaking when filled up, so that needs to be replaced as soon as my tank goes empty. Everything else is in great shape. Hope to match Harry's mileage without major engine repair or last two more years.

Paul

Reply to
NOSPAM

Reply to
Robert Barr

1994 TransSport 3.8 blew engine at 275,000Km due to hamfisted mechanic breaking off bypass hose fitting under alternator and original owner not catching it. Trans finally let go at 300,000. Rebuilt engine and trans, ready for another 300,000km.
Reply to
clare

That's all? I could have walked that far by now :).

Mine's a 92 Bonneville SE. Odometer stopped a couple of months ago at 168,000 miles (too lazy to install the replacement odometer I've had since about 2 weeks after it went out).

Reply to
Jknomail

1997 3.1 liter Grand Am SE 168000 miles
Reply to
GMAN

Harry may have more miles but I've got a great combination of years and miles on a daily driver. I'm running my 1971 LeMans Sport with 455 up and down the German Autobahn (military member) daily. I've got over 220,000 miles on the body. (third engine, second trans) but the car still looks great and gets an increadible amount of attention over here. When was the last time you had a high end Porche or Ferrari slow down to check out your car and give you a tumbs up?

Reply to
Prodigy

i have a 1990 transport 3.1l.with 417000 km.still work good without rattle.

"Frank Burns" a écrit dans le message de news:c0e2tg$eqp$ snipped-for-privacy@terabinaries.xmission.com...

Reply to
serge chouinard

Cool car!

Reply to
NOSPAM

Please specify in miles not Km. Thank you

Reply to
Popeye Sailor..US Navy

He said he in only interested in those with original engine and trans, yours dosnt count...next.

Reply to
Popeye Sailor..US Navy
1992 Grand Am SE coupe 3.3L ~ 236,000 miles.

Reply to
Dave
1998 GP GT 139,000 KMS (Popeye get with the program, the rest of the WORLD uses KMS) 2nd alternator Everyth>Please specify in miles not Km.
Reply to
The-Phoenix

I just put an alternator on my neighbor's 1998 V-6 Grand Prix. It has

288,500 miles on it, and he has only had the brakes done (twice), an electric window repaired, a cracked windshield replaced, and the alternator changed. It doesn't burn ANY oil and still runs and looks GREAT! The alternator wasn't even bad, just really noisy. What a great little car!

Reply to
Keith Stelter