Lurch and uncle Fester

96 Pont Gran Prix - Lurching Hello. I really know nothing about cars, so I hope someone will be able to help me. I have a 96 Grand Prix, and it runs fine until I get up to around 50 mph, when it starts sputtering and lurching. it continues to do it, and I get frustrated, and press down on the gas more, and when I do this, it runs great again, until I slow back down, and try to stay at 50--which is the main speed around here in nowhere land. Any suggestions on what I should be looking to fix? Other than that problem the car starts quickly, and runs very smooth.
Reply to
Mike

Check the TPS. It could have a dead spot at 50 mph throttle opening.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

If your car problems occurred on " Tuesday" , then Pugsley was driving " Itt ", while holding his " Thing" in one hand and talking to " Morticia " on a cell phone using his other hand.

Gomez

Reply to
Harry Face