Passlock reset?

Hey guys,

I recently installed a remote starter in my '98 Grand Am, and I also put in the two relay/resistor bypass for the Passlock I system so that the car only starts with the key or the remote, with Passlock still active. However, now my "THEFT SYS" light is on all the time (we had problems getting the wiring correct, so it didn't work right away). Now that the bypass is working properly, I want to get the "THEFT SYS" light to go off so that Passlock is active and protecting my car again. Anybody know how to get the light to stop being on permanently while I drive (aside from removing the light bulb!!! I want the Passlock to actually work again!)

Reply to
Nicholas Wittebol

If the two relay resistor bypass is one that you build from scratch off of a diagram, I've never been able to get one to synchronize properly to turn off the light. Best guess is that the relays lag behind the rest of the electronics...

Best bet is to get a bypass module from the vendor who made your remote start.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
Nicholas Wittebol