Re: Radio Code?

Thanks for the info 80 Knight.

I assume what you are instructing is to try by remove the connections from the back of the radio, not the steering mounted switches (which I do have). Also, know of an easy way to gain access to the connectors?

Appreciate your insight.

I believe this only applies to 93 and older, but on those ones, if you had > steering wheel controls, you simply un-hooked the radio's connections and > re-hooked them up again with the ignition on and the radio unlocked itself. > That is what my 2 Grand Prix's and 2 Bonneville's did. The one Bonneville > ('91) still does the whole 'LOC' trick every now and then, and

disconnecting

its power and re-hooking it up again always works. > >
Reply to
Mark

I take it back. I think your radio is one of the newer versions so I would try the procedure at the link below:

I don't know what years the procedure above covers, but it does work.

Reply to
80 Knight

I love you 80 Knight...in a virile sort of way (phrase stolen from the late great Benny Hill)!

That procedure worked like a charm. This come just in time as I'm scheduled for a road-trip this Thursday.

Cheers!

Mark

LOL glad it worked for you. I figured it would as I had to use that procedure myself so we should both thank the original poster of that information. :-) Have a good road trip!! :)

80 Knight