Re: Slow power window fix.

> >After finding all the wrong answers on the net > >I just thought I would share with the world what I did to fix my slow > >front power windows windows on my 89 Bonneville. > >Grease.......thats right old fashioned grease. > >I tried several times to lube them I sprayed a whole can of WD40 into > >the door cavity I shot a liter of oil into the door cavity and still the > >windows were slow and getting slower.The oil leaked out the bottom of > >the door. At least they wont rust on the inside lol. They wouldn't even > >roll up anymore unless the engine was running. > >I read about weak motors dirty switches etc....... > >I could tell that they were just binding. > > Here is what I did. I went and got some beer then I took the door panel > >of peeled back the plastic stuck my arm way up in there and put power to > >the window and felt for movement and caked whatever moved with grease. > >The dam things still had trouble going up. > >Stuck my arm way up in there and felt around until I found this little > >curved track with a worm gear in it packed it with grease and viola > >better than new. They don't make that binding sound anymore ether. > >340000 km and still runs like new. > >I just wish I knew where that one gallon a year of AF goes. any > >thoughts? > > I've been having a similar problem with my 90 grand am drivers side > power window. The window stops about an inch from the top and the > motor starts to make a clicking noise like something is holding it up. > It goes up and down just fine. Ive taken my door panel off and > everything looks fine from what i can see. Should i grease it up? any > thoughts?
Reply to
Midnight Rider

1234
1234 wrote : a basic phillips scredriver and two minutes time is all it took me.

Just a phillips? eh. How did you remove the mirror control cable ? You need an allen wrench for the set screw holding it in place, Assuming you have a manual remote control mirror. You also need a torx head screwdriver to remove the screw behind the door handle.

The screws through the door pull handle and directly behind the door lock button are a # 3 phillips ( the biggest size ) head.

The only basic phillips screws on my 91 were holding the plastic carpet cover over the seat belt and the seat belt guide clip throught the top of the door panel. For a total of four.

What did you do to pop out all the plastic snap in fastners from behind the door panel that press into the metal of the door frame?

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~258,600 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Reply to
1234