Rear Break pads 91 GP LE

How tough is it to change the rear break pads in a 91 Grand Prix? Car is disc breaks all the way around so it shouldn't really be any different from changing the front break pads right?

Reply to
CharlieChan

No. the parking brake mechanism makes it much more difficult.

Reply to
Scott Buchanan

Reply to
CharlieChan

it is spelled BRAKE

Reply to
I'm Right

Reply to
CharlieChan

It's never smarter to take it to your "tire guys" for a brake job.

I wouldn't attempt this one if I were you. The early 90's W-body cars (what you have) were notorious for seized up, rusted rear caliper slide pins. You have to know what you are doing and have some experience with these rear brakes to get them working properly again. Plus, it's pricey to fix them right.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to
CharlieChan

How did you get apart? You have to make mental notes, you know.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to
CharlieChan

No doubt there is a reason why it wasn't hooked up. That cable is probably siezed and if you hook it up and happen to use the e/brake, you will cook the pads on that side. Another common problem with these rear brakes, siezed rear park brake cables.

Just look at the park brake lever and cable end long enough, it will eventually make sense.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai