Ontario vehicle safety inspection question

Just bought a used vehicle that has a resonator instead of a muffler. I don't mind the noise, do I need to replace it to a muffler for safety inspection?

Reply to
newsgroup

No. As long as the system is "sound" and dumps the exhaust in either the stock location or another "safe" location, it passes the safety check.

It MUST have the cat installed if it came from the factory with one.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Thx, It does have cat and is the factory one. Exhaust does come out where it suppose to.

Reply to
newsgroup