Spit and sputter problem

Hi Group,

Can anyone help me out?

I have 1997 Pontiac Grand Am se 2.4L Automatic 135K and when I say stop at a light and accelerate my car almost seems like it is going to stall. This happens as well if I am traveling along the freeway. It as if it is getting to muck gas or a lack of gas and I have even run 3 tanks of the 94octain gas nothing helps. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance group.

Vex

Reply to
Vex

replace wires and serif it helps

Reply to
Tj

EGR valve?

Gary

GARY

The 2.3 and 2.4 engines have neither spark plug wires (Direct ignition system) or EGR system. (cam profile permits)

However, where I think I would start is at the spark plugs. Yours are rated to 100K miles, if they have not been changed yet, you must do that anyway, also, the fuel filter could also be the culprit, and I believe the manual will recommend that be changed every 30-35K miles I think. Start there and lets us know how it comes out.

Reply to
Logghi Barogghi