Timing belt

i have 1992 pontiac sunbird and my friend replaced the timing belt but the engine is still not firing, he stated that i didn't have a distributor cap and he would need to reset the computer in order to bring the computer back to TDC, does anyone know how this can be done with out having to take it to a shop.

Reply to
hfairchi

Shep

"" wrote: > i have 1992 pontiac sunbird and my friend replaced the timing > belt but > the engine is still not firing, he stated that i didn't have a > distributor cap and he would need to reset the computer in > order to > bring the computer back to TDC, does anyone know how this can > be done > with out having to take it to a shop.

What he did is he installed the belt wrong.

Reply to
Dubbin1