Vibe/Matrix 2004 Love the car, hate the radio

Subject says it all. The Vibe is great.
But the radio totally sucks. What I hate the most is that the equalization control is constantly jacking around... stopping
and starting the engine changes it; tuning to different stations changes it. goddamit, I want it where I put it!
I can't see any way around this. Am I missing something?
Bill Hale Loveland CO

How does it ride and have you checked the gas milage?

It's not a large car. I bought it because it sits fairly high which helps my poor screwed up knees when getting in and out.
I've only had one tank < 30 mpg and that was when it was really cold out. I drive it mostly around town with an occasional highway trip. I haven't had one > 30 mpg either!!
I had a 95 subaru impreza and I typically got 25 in it. It was awd and the pontiac is not.
Happy camper with it. Bill Hale

Delco radio?
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)
On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:41:52 -0600, Ray O wrote:

Even the Toyota Matrix get Delco radios!

I had a 2003 Vibe and almost immediately had the stereo unit replaced with a new one. I had trouble with the cd player portion. I'm driving an '05 now but haven't had any trouble with the radio/stereo.
I get 23-24 mpg around town and 33-34 highway. My around town driving is all stop/start type...lots of 4 way stops and lights. The only think I miss on the '05 is the center console is different than the one that was in the '03, and they took the pocket off of the back of the drivers seat. Interior lighting is skimpy as well, but I still love my Vibe. I love the height...I don't have to climb in or climb out. I love how easy it is to park etc.
Melissa

Same issue I had with the center console. I replaced the one in my '05 with the Toyota Matrix Center console. Perfect fit & higher to accomodate your arm.
I bought mine from a Toyotal Dealer on the internet in Mechanicsville, VA.
I'll look for the address - will post if I can find it. You can get the console at any Toyota dealer but they're real proud of 'em.....to the tune of $250.00.
This place I used in Virginia had them for about $100.00

with
I think there was a place mentioned here last year. I'll have to Google the thread and see if I can find it. Some place had the replacement for like $90, I just never looked into it. I do miss the pouch on the back of the drivers seat. I liked to keep some towels in there and a small umbrella.
Melissa
Bill wrote:

I have a '05 vibe, my radio if fine, the EQ stays where I set it. I remember reading that you can set different EQ's to different stations, and a different one still to the CD player.
I was under the impression that the Vibes had a different radio that the Matrix, The Matrix didn't have a clock built into the radio as Toyota always put the clock somewhere else.
On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 20:46:57 -0500, John Karpich wrote:

If it isn't the same, then it is similar.
I never saw a Vibe radio, but I drove plenty of Matrixes (uh, Matrices?) and you can spot the Delco radio a mile away.
If you get the Matrix from Toyota, you can probably upgrade to a better radio from the dealer. I would go aftermarket; better unit for 1/3 the price.
Disc #5 on my 6 disc changer quit working. And I get an annoying noise on AM frequencies, not engine noise but more loike an antenne interference. Anybody else get this?
Had to change your back wiper yet? Brace yourself, aftermarket blades won't fit the arm. $27 from the dealer. Bastards.

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 08:35:24 -0500, "Eric"

It's got a way-short blade, like a 10"? That one's easy - go get the shortest aftermarket refill that has the right rubber filler cross-section. Pull out the factory refill from the wiper arm.
Cut off the end of the new refill's metal frame, you don't need it. Cut the new refill rubber section to the same length.
Swap the rubber parts in the little metal frame - with a little guessing you can figure out how to pull and replace it without bending the metal. Then put the 'recharged' factory refill back in.
Make sure that the refill is seated the entire length - if it pops out of it's slot and you run the wiper, you just ruined the window.
--<< Bruce >>--
I tried that (sort of). The blade is 7", it's so short that the metal backbone of the replacement wiper gets bent while installing. I might have had more patience if I wasn't in the parking lot of Autozone freezing my nads off.