2.5 engine oil odor after transmission change?

There was a small valve cover leak on the right bank, but it does not leak on the exhaust. Dealer says car has an oil leak, but nothing on the ground, and no
loss of oil. So, I have come to the conclusion that the oil separtor must be replaced, but before I lose a day I would like some confirmation.