944 Service costs

Hi All

I am new to this site and wanted to get your input. I am looking to Buy a 1990 1991 944 S2 but I am not sure what the service costs are? I also wanted to find out what sort of things could/has gone wrong on these cars. I went to a dealer this weekend but they told me that they had not idea as to the cost for 944 service as they specialize in 911's.

Thanks

Reply to
Porsche_freak

Devils944S2

Thanks for the input. How reliable are they to own and to take to Porsche events/Track days and so on?

I went into this one website that say that they are really reliable. The one guy got 311000 miles out of it and he said there is no smoke and no need to open the engine as it was properly maintained.

Wich is the first thing I would look for when buying one.

Devils944S2 wrote:

Reply to
Porsche_freak

My 87 944 with well over 100,000 miles is my daily driver in the nice weather, and my track beast when my finances allow. If you plan on tracking the car, might consider a little money getting new shocks/struts if they are original and the car has some miles on it. Also consider timing belt if there is any doubt about when it was changed or if it has been sitting for awhile. The 944 is my favorite car in terms of handling, predictability on the track etc. A great first track car! don

Reply to
windz1