Purchasing a new Porsche

Hello. I would like to get a new Porsche Carerra S. Let's say if I have about $300,000 USD in a bank account. Would it be possible to just write a personal check for the car for the full amount or would there be a waiting period of 24 hours for the check to clear? On the other hand, if I decide to finance the vehicle which costs around $100,000 and I put say $20,000 down, what would my payments be like with an average credit score?

And last but not least. Say the Porsche I want is $100,000 MSRP. Will I be able to pay MSRP or will the dealership be greedy and want a lot more than that in the LA metro area?

Thanks in Advance, East-

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

is $100,000 MSRP. Will

If you want to pay by check without any sort of delay, get a Cashiers Check for the full amount from a local bank. The dealer can verify the check by phone immediately and give you the car on the spot. As for financing, the web is crawling with payment calculators - do a search. The final price will be determined by your haggling abilities and your dealer. epbrown

-- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to
E Brown

I wrote a check for my 997.

Reply to
SusieQ

SusieQ:

I think I love you....and your 997...., how do you feel about very smart and rare 968 Cab ? :-) Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²