97 993 pulley upgrade?

Shredded the alternator belt yesterday. Called my local Porsche dealer for a replacement and he told me to bring the car in for a "pulley upgrade" Anybody know about this? I checked all my resources and found a technical bulletin #1378 from Porsche titled "alternator belt failure or belt noise'. Is this what he is referring to?

Yep......Go to

go directly to step # 8, Ifyour not in a hurry try snipped-for-privacy@sunsetimports.comprobably one of the best price on OEM parts. Also check out the 993 board @
use the search function @ the topright corner, lots of great Porsche Info. Good Luck !!! Steve

Reply to
pcarfan

Thank you Steve. You have been a constant source of good info on this board for me.

Regards,

m@yhem

Your most certainly welcome........after 30 years of 911 ownership, I'm on number seven (a 993 actually) I just try to give back a little to all the wonderful people who have helped me.

Take care, Steve

Reply to
pcarfan