Shipping a car cross-country

I am planning on shipping my car from Maryland out to California. It's a 87

951 in great condition, so I'm worried about which shipper to use. Do you have any recommendations? I'm shying away from covered transport because of the cost. I'd like to keep the cost under $1000. Thanks for the help!
Reply to
Andrew Schmickle

Devils944

I bought a car of e-bay, and had it shipped from St. Loius to Maine for about $800, so it should be possible, though since the seller arranged the shipping, I couldn't tell you what carrier he used. Tonyrama

Reply to
tonyrama

Hi, I live in Boston, and sold my 968 to a guy in San Fran.. We ship via National Auto Transport. The car is due to arrive in San Fran this coming week, so I cant yet let you know if it went OK. But they at least seemed OK with pick up. I can let you know if you want, how it went.

I miss my 968 already.... Um, oh yea.. its not mine anymore!

-Adam

Reply to
Adam Schwartz

Andrew, I had a car sent from Potomac to New Jersey uncovered, it was $350. The big companies pick up your car and take it to a depot where it sits til it is picked up again to the next depot etc. etc. then local delivery. The cost can be reduced if you drive it to a depot and pick it up from a depot. It's also possible it could be "one ride" for the car. Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

For airfare, gas and lodging, I'll drive it out here for you--- ;-)

Reply to
Rob W