So I've been reading the Rennlist....

I must apologize to the Rennlist. I was fooled by Devils944 and his lies.

Awhile back, Devils944 basically said how these newsgroups suck and how he was going to be on the Rennlist because that's where all the "true" Porsche owners were. And, foolish me, I believed him. I believed all the people there were brand-snobs like Devils944. I believed all the people there didn't know anything past stock cars, and couldn't mod any car to save their life, like Devils944 has repeatedly shown.

But then I started reading the Rennlist and searching on some topics, and the Rennlist is great! People talk about modding suspensions, they talk about making old Porsches go faster for cheap, they talk about engine swaps, they talk about 1/4-mile times, they aren't afraid of using non-Porsche car wash. All this time Devils944 had me believing the Rennlist was filled with people just like him, but it's just the opposite! The Rennlist actually welcomes discussion on making Porsches faster and improving on them. That's what I get for not thinking Devils944 is full of shit like he usually is.

Reply to
Brad

Brad_

Anyone who has had any involvement with "Rennlist" would never be fooled, it's a great organization..great forum and LOTS of great folks who love Porsche. The Devil will deceive you.....that's what the devil does.

Check out

a great place to talkPorsche!!!!!

Reply to
pcarfan

I would be very careful troll about acting like you know anything about physics. He is basically right. Horsepower is a measurement of work and nothing more. It is equivalent to the watt in electricity. Torque is the important number when considering acceleration. It would be equivalent to the ampere in electricity. He is also correct about the cross at

5250 R.P.M. Horsepower and torque meet at that point. It is scientific fact.

Hey troll, if trying to discredit someone, at least know what you are talking about.

Reply to
JFKFC_1

Reply to
william_b_noble

By the same token holding RPM constant and increasing HP increases torque. That is how a steam or diesel driven electrical generator works.

Reply to
Porsche944

Devils944 was talking about the "amazing" torque curve a non-turbo 944 and a Hyundai or whatever have and how that would magically let them beat a high-hp, no-torque vtec Honda in a race. There is no debate about horsepower above 5252 being wasted. That's just Devils944 being a moron, as usual. He says Formula One cars only rev to 18,000rpms because they drive on road courses. What crap. They rev to 18,000rpms because how else is an n/a 3.0 going to make that much power? By revving to 5252? He's simply a moron who likes to nitpick and argue.

william_b_noble wrote:

Reply to
Brad