Techwiz homepage.Have a look, it is hilarious.

I have found the tecwhiz homepage. Have a look, it is quite funny.

Enjoy

Reply to
Devils944

G Larson

Reply to
tecwhiz

Vette beater.

< guess the kids there are impressed with his old 4 banger.>

Since it gets more compliments than my friends C5, I guess you would be correct.

Porsche

My title says Porsche, yours says Chevy. Which of the two has a bigger reputation for building worldclass sports cars? Maybe you'll have the resources to buy a real sportscar someday, not a white trash knock-off of the Acura NSX with a 928 drivetrain. Side note here : At least Acura had the good sense to do something interesting with the rear end and not just make it a big rectangle with 4 circles in it.

Once again...tecwhiz homepage

Devils944

Reply to
tecwhiz

Good

My hood won't crack...it's made of metal, not plastic.

Thanks for proving my point about you being a redneck.

You would be the only one, since everybody here pretty much just laughs at you anyway.

First of all they weren't my "friends", they were neighbors of one of my friends. You are going to have to face the same fact he did that day...when he tried to jump in with how much "faster" his new Corvette was the reply from one person summed it up best..."Yes Chris, we know it's fast, but come on, it's only a Corvette."

Actually, that's a funny thing you bring up. Back in the day when I was in high school we had a group of short bus students. One of the kids happened to be the son of the owner of a group of Ace Hardware stores. When he turned

16, guess what car he picked? Yes, a Corvette. We always found it funny that the "special" student had a Corvette.

After passing on several Carrera's and a few 968's I chose the S2. I can't help it if people also like my choice.

Reply to
Devils944

Reply to
tecwhiz

There's also the assertion that he's here to be nothing more than a troll.

Kudos on locating the web page.

Reply to
rory911

I don't want to be in the middle of this argument, but if you can look at the

944 and see anything but a Porsche, something is wrong with *you* not it's owner. Porsche did a lot of development work for Audi in the early 1980s to help them come up with a sporty coupe. It just so happened that Audi decided to pass up that design in favor of their own Coupe' Quattro. Rather than leave millions of dollars of development work to rot away and be forgotten, Porsche turned the project into the 924, and made it their own. It's Audi derived (but re-tuned) engine was it's only even somewhat non-Porsche part. Seeing as Porsche did so much of the development work on that car, and that they eventually choose to badge it as such, it really couldn't be anything *but* a Porsche. The 944 was an evolution of that car, and following logic, the 944 should be a Porsche too. Greg Brown of European Car magazine did a writeup on the S2 variant, calling it "A terrific sports car suited for America's driving needs". You can find the article here:
've also added a 1989 944 Turbo (951) to their project car garage, you canfind parts 1 and 2 of that series here:
951 had a sticker price of nearly $50k as new, but with a 5.5 second 0-60time and 50/50 weight distribution, it never had any problems walking all overC4 Vettes', including the ZR1. I'm not going to get involved in theBronco/Cayenne argument, except for to say that there's a good reason Fordfinally dropped it to bring about the Expedition.
Reply to
Steve Grauman

Reply to
tecwhiz

Corvette...that says very little.

Reply to
Devils944

I guess you flipped right past my post and the pro-944 articles I linked. To bad, you may have learned something.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Reply to
tecwhiz

Reply to
tecwhiz

Reply to
Devils944

Chevrolet couldn't pull off an overall win at LeMans if the drivers lives depended on it. They won 2 years in their class, but nothing more. Porsches have also won in their respective class the last 3 or 4 years, even though none of them had a factory team behind them, unlike the Vettes which had funded GM teams behind them. Techwiz's hate for Audis probably stems from watching the R8 win overall for three years straight, only to give up the 1st overall victory to an Audi powered Bentley. Chevrolet has never been capable of building a world class sports car, and they probably won't ever be.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Next he'll claim that the Vette' was the first car to come standard with a V8.

Well, he's either an idiot, a very good troll, or both. He may very well be egging us (you more than me so far) just as you're egging him on. Maybe he's fully aware of the idiocy of his statements. Or maybe he's a fool. I'd believe either.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

He's also the guy who mentioned the '67 Corvette split-window coupe. Personally, I think you and Devs are rating him too high......

Reply to
Jim Keenan