rat look

Does anybody know sites/info about rat look vw?

Reply to
radzik

Try:

John

John Kelly

Try,

Jetrat69

Dnia 22 Jan 2005 13:53:48 -0800, John Kelly napisa³:

I can't find something about it... I want to build rusty bus.

Reply to
radzik

You can also try:

Reply to
kaferdave

Sigh...

Reply to
vic20owner

I don't know if that's a denigrating sigh or a "wish I had one" sigh. :) Frankly, I just love those little hotrods, and if I had a little more courage, I'd cut up my pristine '72 standard.

Reply to
jjs

Flame me if you will... although I like custom body work, and enjoy looking at construction pics, welding, techniques and materials and such... I don't think I like the look of the volksrods that much. Just doesn't look right *to me* with the front end sticking way out like that. Now maybe if it had a big super charged V8 in the front... Maybe because it a new style to me... maybe it will evolve... or maybe I am thinking that there are abunch of inexperienced hackers out there that will hack up a decent car do a poor job and never finish and it ends up in the scrap yard.

and its a shame to hack up a vintage oval or split, unless it is just way too gone...

**************************************************************** dragenwagen 1966 Type I - Daily Driver
Reply to
dragenwagen

Shag

I'm deaf. Now you know.

Reply to
jjs

Is this the part where I'm supposed to feel sorry for you? If so, then please try again. It's hard for me to feel sorry for someone who complains about their handicap to get sympathy. PS- If anyone cares, my back has been killing me lately. Now you know. Don't send sympathy, just cash. :-)

Reply to
Shag

Nope, and it's unfortunate that you turn this into just another way for you play the f****it. I was just sharing in my joy of not having to deal with your post.

Reply to
jjs

I always thought "rat look" was just a fancy way for people to say "I ain't got enough money to fix the rust and body damage properly, but I still need a car, so I will drive it like this"

-Eric

I guess all those piles of crap I used to drive are cool now. :)

Reply to
Eric Oster

wouldn't it be easier and smarter to just killfile him? you used to brag all the time about your killfile, did you forget how to use it?

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Watch the name-calling, or you might come off looking like what you're calling me. Slippery slope and all that. I'm on a LOOOOOONG vacation and in too good of a mood to let something as trivial as yourself put me in a bad mood. :-D

Reply to
Shag

Me too. Over here in UK, it really is the sort of 'natural Vw look' Bit like my bus. People rub over the rusty bits, which on some cars, is the whole damn thing as it has no paint, with Linseed oil. Makes them smell nice :-) and apparently slows the rust up. At Volksworld show last year, there were dozens of 'found in the barn' splitties which are some how legal, but not much else except seriously lowered & with some nice wheels.

I can't find any other pics yet.

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

here you go...

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

Reply to
Braukuche

Rat-look/Volksrods are just the VW version of the stuff people like Boyd Coddington put out.

People have always treated the Beetle like a blank canvas, creating the vehicle that they want to drive, mirroring their personalities. People make trucks out of Bugs, station wagons/panel vans (old kit car) from Bugs, Carson-topped cruisers, and the like. The only thing I don't really get is the Rolls-Royce front end on a Beetle; takes away from the classic lines.

Who knows? There may be a trend on the horizon of people making gullwing doors for their Bugs or something equally as wild.

Just be glad that these people aren't driving Japanese garbage.

Reply to
Jeff Kleier

Been done!

Reply to