Tow bar?

Anyone know of a towbar that will work on a 1969 912? I want to pull this car behind my motor home.

Roy Adams Atlanta

Reply to
roywadams

Awww...don't do that to the old girl...!

It might be better to utilize a newer vehicle for this purpose. If you maintain it well, it should work fine, but think of the seals, rock chips, dings, glass, and other maladies and hassles related to weather and dragging a 40-yr old chassis around.

But if ya gotta, maybe JC Whitney's has something:

If not for a 69 912, maybe a 69 Bug. It should fit.

I saw a RunnaMucca driving on the freekway last month that had a folding plywood type shield in front of the tow-car. It looked effective. You might give that a try to save a windshield and playing rock-ding connect-a-dot.

Let us know how you do.

DS

95 993 Coupe
Reply to
The Dead Senator

here's a more elegant solution but it probably costs more than a tow-bar, on the other hand it's German made

Low Life #3

Wow. I saw a similar setup using a Smart car recently, in a magazine.

That's what got me thinking. I was musing selling the 912, and getting on the smart waiting list.

Now I'm starting to think I could tow the 912, and save money. Even if it needs a new paint job after a couple of years, it would be less than depreciation on a smart. Right now there's a waiting list to get one.

I'll bet in a couple of years, they'll be selling at a discount.

Roy

Reply to
roywadams

I echo these thoughts. Towing that '69 classic will probably kill the old lady in short order.

Regards from Texas

Reply to
Guru

Blasphemy!