Latest threads in Toyota Priusshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Retrofit NHW11: backup camera, GPS and bluetooth
Starting in 2012, backup cameras will become a standard option on new cars to comply with the Gulbransen Kids and Cars Safety ActThis safety legislation is something I support as I have had...
5
5

1997 to 2003 Toyota Prius (1st Gen) Voluntary Recall - Power Steering Assembly
1997-2003 Toyota Prius (1st Generation) Recall ================================== Toyota has issued a volunteer recall for 106,000 first generation Prius Hybrids globally for a possible power steering...
1
1

maintenance cost and DIY friendliness
I may be able to get a Prius 2008. How is the maintenance record on that year? How easy is it to do the regular maintenance on the car? Are the components easily accessible? I heard you have to go to...
12
12

More buzz about a recent Prius crash
- A martial arts student punched the lights out of her gym Thursday morning when she crashed her Toyota Prius through the storefront and struck an elevator shaft, trapping an employee inside. "I was...
1
1

Prius top safety pick
. . The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety said Thursday that 6 of the 13 small cars it most recently tested are top safety picks. They include the 2012 Ford Focus and Honda Civic and the 2011...
2
2

Prius going where gassers can't follow
Tuesday afternoon, I was driving 33 mph down an access road when the engine ran out of gas. So flipped out my cell phone and made a quick movie as I kept my speed up in traffic. I drove another...

Prius Power - Plug-in the other way
Hi, Let's survey current and future Prius-inverter practices: NHW11 - Off the shelf, 1kW, modified sine wave inverter This model Prius can generate 1 kW of DC power and has been documented in: first...
2
2

Prius service problems?
Has anyone had problems getting their Prius serviced by non-Toyota service shops? I have an '04 Prius with 85K miles on it. Except for an air conditioning problem, it has been fairly reliable....
1
1

California Energy Commission tire test results
When I read the California Energy Commssion had tested over 300 tires but didn't publish their results, I began to suspect something else was going on. Then when the 'Governator' was killing programs...
4
4

Tire (tyre) testing pages - EU
While looking for car safety information, I found this UK web page with references to several European tire testing results: of the government and organizations referenced include the following:...

Prius prices ... new higher than used
"Rising gas prices and the earthquake in Japan, which shuttered automotive production for weeks, are also playing a role. Dealers worried that about possible shortages from the Japanese automakers are...
21
21

Intro to Otto vs Prius Atkinson Thermodynamics
Someone asked about compression ratios and engine efficiency. At the time, I reccommended Wiki and Mr. Google not realizing they needed to understand what to ask for . . . thee basics. So I replied:...
2
2

Prius Tire Tuning
One of the interesting aspects of a Prius is the effect of different tire sizes for performance tuning. Recently someone asked 'what is the largest tire' and 'what are the effects on mileage' so this...
78
78

Electric AC Compressor in Dixie
We had one of those close mornings when the humidity is nearly 100% but too warm for fog. Driving my wife's 2010 Prius, I closed the vents and windows and used the air conditioner to take out the damp...
71
71

Littleton MA rally May 15
Details of the event: looks to be a hoot with a route laid out by good Prius friend Hobbit: used Google 'Street View' to drive most of the route and it looks lovely ... narrow New England roads that...