2007 Prius, Fuse 12, 25A

I plan to purchase a Viair 85B portable air compressor, which is designed to get power from a cigarette lighter port. However, over a dozen customer reviews warn that this pump will blow the power outlet fuse. The compressor is rated at 14.5 amps but based on these comments, I'm guessing it pulls over 15A under load.

This is what the 2007 Prius Owner's Manual (page 435) says about three relevant fuses:

  1. ACC-B 25A: "POWER OUTLET", "ACC" fuses
  2. PWR OUTLET 15A: Power outlet
  3. PWR OUTLET FR 15A: Power outlet

Where can I plug in to take advantage of the 25A fuse #12?

Reply to
bobneworleans