Easy question

How to to reset the "Maintenance Required" light on my 2007 Prius. TIA!

Reply to
Patrick Page

Mine came on when I went over my 5000 mile oil change/service and it was off after I had it done. I assumed they reset it for me at the dealership. If you're doing oil change, etc., yourself, perhaps you could talk to them and find out how it's done. I'd be interested myself, so thanks for the question.

- Piper America. Home of the free and because of the brave!

Reply to
piperettemyshoes

Directions are in the owners manual. Don't know offhand what page.

Richard Blood

Reply to
Richard Blood

See last paragraph in

- Greg

Guru Says GOODBYE To Search Eng> How to to reset the "Maintenance Required" light on my 2007 Prius. TIA!

SendFree preferred memberships Free for the first month! --->

Greg

At 4500 miles since last reset, the Maint Reqd light will blink at you on startup. At 5000 miles since last reset, the Maint Reqd light will stay on solid.

It's just a reminder by miles that you are due for the next scheduled maintenance. It is not smart (doesn't go by time, or do any oil analysis), just a mile counter. Usually that is an oil change/tire rotation:

Should your dealer forget to reset it, or you go to an independent mechanic or DIY, you can reset the light yourself.

Page 122-123 of the US 2004 Prius Owner's Manual (Section 2-5 "Operation of Instruments and Controls: Gauges, Meters and Service Reminder Indicators", item (j) in the "Service reminder indicators and warning buzzers" section.)

page 14 of the User-Guide:

mrv