Front 2005 Brakes

I have a 2005 Prius. Can anyone tell me how many miles the front brake shoes are likely to last before they need to be replaced, so that I can avoid having to grind down the rotors? Steve

Reply to
Steven Douglass

Depending upon your driving style over 100,000 miles. Just have them checked at your annual vehicle inspection. In some climates, rust is a problem.

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob Wilson

I recently bought a 2002 with (now) 105K miles on the original brakes. The front pads still look nearly new, because many of the miles were highway miles. I would expect a car driven in town where congestion kept the speeds low would fare worse, since the friction brakes are used at low speeds.

Dunno if the wheels on the current generation are as revealing as the ones on the Classic, but on mine I can look right at the edge of the outer brake pads from the outside.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee