Is Plural of Prius Prii? Wife & I have 2 Prius; now my In-laws have 1

If they're fruit, you have two apples. If they're computers, you have two Apple computers (or two Macintosh computers, or one of each).

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

"Michelle Steiner" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@news.east.cox.net...

If they're cars, you have two Prius cars... right?

Diako

Reply to
Diako

"Two Prius automobiles" is more euphonious to my ear. ;)

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Michael Pardee:

snipped-for-privacy@kluge.net:

No, he would have a puzzled look because "Prius" in the sense it is used here -- the name of an automobile -- is not a Latin word and he would have no knowledge of automobiles, no knowledge of Japan, and no insight into how Japanese automobile manufacturers name their cars. Might as well ask him the Latin plural of Camry.

Davoud

Reply to
Davoud