MNTC REQD

New 2007 Prius with about 5500 miles. A MNTC REQD kight recently came on. According to the user manual this means an oil chenge is needed. I usually do my own oil changes on other vehicles. My question is how will I get MNTC REQD light out if I do an oil change on this vehicle? I am unable to find any other information in the user manual. Thanks for any and all help.

Reply to
trvlnmny

Check the "indicator lights" section of the manual. That's where the instructions are for the 2004 model.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

At 4500 miles since last reset, the Maint Reqd light will blink at you on startup. At 5000 miles since last reset, the Maint Reqd light will stay on solid.

It's just a reminder by miles that you are due for the next scheduled maintenance. It is not smart (doesn't go by time, or do any oil analysis), just a mile counter. Usually that is an oil change/tire rotation:

Should your dealer forget to reset it, or you go to an independent mechanic or DIY, you can reset the light yourself.

Page 122-123 of the US 2004 Prius Owner's Manual (Section 2-5 "Operation of Instruments and Controls: Gauges, Meters and Service Reminder Indicators", item (j) in the "Service reminder indicators and warning buzzers" section.)

page 14 of the User-Guide:

mrv

Set your trip meter to ODO (not Trip A or B). Turn off the car. Press the Odometer button and then press and release the Start button while keeping the Odometer button pressed (I keep my foot on the brake, but that may not be necessary). The trip meter will show a series of bars that will disappear in sequence. Keep the Odometer button pressed until all the bars disappear, and the maintenance warning will be reset until the next 5000 mile milestone.

Reply to
migv1