OT-something to consider-hope you try it

Bring a pot of water to boiling point and add a tablespoon of salt. Drain the liquid from two 6 oz cans of tuna fish into the boiling water. It
doesn't matter if the tuna was in oil or water, or if using light or white. Sprinkle one half pound of pasta shells into the boiling water, set a timer for 13 minutes, and once the boiling begins again, start the countdown. Meanwhile, in a separate container, add 2 teaspoons of lemon pepper to a cup and a half of real mayo. Add one half teaspoon of dry mustard to the mix. Add one half teaspoons of salt. Add the tuna and gently mix it all together. Oh, and don't forget the finely chopped celery. If everyone likes chopped onion, add that too. Try not to overwhelm it with onion though.
When the pasta is done rinse off ever so lightly. Allow it to drain well and cool off. (Warm pasta will make your mayo disappear). Rinse out the pot and dry it out. Use the pot to mix everything together. If you have a nice casserole dish that can handle what's in the pot, transfer it and then, if you want, hold a jar of paprika way above the mixture and gently tap it so the paprika falls lightly and evenly. Alternatively, put some in the palm of your hand and let it fall from high; a pinch at a time.
It'll be at it's best the next day.
I get compliments all the time when I serve it.
mark_
Add pictures here
✖
mark_digital© wrote:

I like your seasoning ideas, which I'll try. My mayo is usually flavored with is lemon juice and capers. Maybe some dried dill.
--
Jean B.

Add pictures here
✖
mark_digital© wrote:

Unfortunately, 2 of the 3 members of my family that own Prius are allergic to seafood, so I won't be trying this...
Add pictures here
✖
mark_digital© wrote:

Unfortunately, 2 of the 3 members of my family that own Prius are allergic to seafood, so I won't be trying this... ------------------------------------------------ I've never heard of this before. I've heard about allergic reactions to shell fish, and sickness or death from raw fish. I like to make a huge pile of crabmeat rangoons. Delicately crisp on the outside and potent in the inside. Never, never, never has anyone turned away from a plate of those. I'll create a dish of sea scallops with minced potoato puffs with italian bread crumbs lightly saturated with melted butter and topped with broccoli florettes, and even the ones who have high cholesterol can't turn it down. Oh, I'm evil ;)
mark_
Add pictures here
✖

Site Timeline