Prius Still on top

No, I was so good at it that I retired early and sold the business.

Nice try anyway.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Well, I wasn't going to assume that you were too stupid to learn your lesson once, but then..... :)

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

So I'll presume for the sake of this argument that you'll be able to tell me what the Volkswagen badged equivalent of an Audi S8 is?

Your argument of the same engine being shared amongst different vehicles makes them the "same car" is completely ridiculous. Even your Prius shares parts with other vehicles in the Toyota range, which by your logic would make it difficult to distinguish them as different cars.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Have you ever driven a Prius? Do you understand the concept of recapturing the energy expended going uphill on the way down? Do you understand the concept of recapturing energy used to accelerate when you decelerate? Do you appreciate the fact that electric motors have more torque than gasoline engines? It strikes me that you are concentrating on cosmetics.

Reply to
Was Istoben

No, because there isn't one. As usual, in environments like these, the crossover is in the middle--and it's a big middle. But at either end, high and low, are a couple of minor differences. Acura in the US doesn't sell the Civic, and Honda in the US doesn't sell the RL.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Care to answer the actual question?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

He is an expert at "Bullshit" :) That is why he and )'zone get along so well... both have a saying, "It's all about me"!

Reply to
Ron

I should really add that, in the past 8 years or so, I don't think we're any better. At all. I *used* to think we were generally more intelligent. We just haven't had the opportunity to display our stupidity to the world like the yanks have, is all.

You aren't giving yourselves enough credit. John Howard took care of that for you when he (you) joined Bush's invasion of Iraq.

Reply to
Was Istoben

Thanks for avoiding my question.

I have driven a Prius. A number of times now unfortunately. I say "unfortunately" because I find them to be so incredibly boring that they almost put me to sleep, but that's why I think they're far more popular in America than they are here.

America is the home of boring as batshit.

Yes, I do.

Do you understand the concept of recapturing energy used to accelerate when you decelerate?

Indeed.

No, I don't.

I appreciate that electric motors have torque curves flatter than 12th century earth was thought to be, and that they make maxium torque from zero rpm, but to suggest that they make "more torque than gasoline engines" is completely and utterly wrong.

Consider yourself struck if you like, but what the hell does *any* of this bullshit have to do with your comments about German cars and badge engineering?

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

You put this in the Prius group, I didn't.

Reply to
Was Istoben

So, they're *not* the same car then? :)

I don't know what the "RL" is, and we don't have "Acura" in Australia. Here everything is all sold under the "Honda" badge. "Upmarket" badging of regular brands hasn't worked particularly well in this country, and about the only thing that has is Lexus but even then it's very low volume. Eunos didn't really cut it for Mazda, and Honda never bothered trying the Acura thing here. It's a pretty wanky idea, which is why it's more suited to your side of the globe I expect.

Not that any of that has much to do with Volkswagen and Audi by the way ..... :)

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

I got the idea that your opinion of German cars would be based on one bad experience because I assumed you'd be smart enough to not be bitten twice.

Apparently I was wrong :)

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Why do Americans assume that everyone else in the world are just like them?

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Ron, we've been through this enough times now for a child's inflatable punching clown to understand it :)

You're a funny guy Ron. Dumb as a sawdust sandwich, but funny just the same.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

Probably not, but then it's as much about *wanting* to show the world how dumb you can be and while we may lack the ability to do that on a grand scale we don't seem to be much interested in doing it on a per capita basis :)

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

When we sent 300 troups you mean?

Oh my God. Australia started a war! :)

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

In the grand scheme, John Howards (and Australia's) involvement was incredibly minor.

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy