Prius Tire Tuning

The question was, where are your data concerning braking distance?

Oh--you have decided that data are unimportant.

You keep thinking that, Bob. You keep right on thinking that.

Meanwhile, we'll all get together on public record that you don't think actual data are required, that "it works fine" suffices for your declarations to the world.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

The question was, where are your data concerning braking distance?

Oh--you have decided that data are unimportant.

You keep thinking that, Bob. You keep right on thinking that.

Meanwhile, we'll all get together on public record that you don't think actual data are required, that "it works fine" suffices for your declarations to the world.

I have to write, Elmo, that Bob has been leading you by the nose for at least a month now. Isn't it enough that you make a fool of yourself, much let others make a fool of you?

Reply to
Al Falfa

I ask you again: what "profile" are you talking about?

The record is clear: you're a wacko. The record gets clearer every time you say something.

What "nasty crap" is that, bob?

Ah, you not only announce that you're a wacko, you announce it with PRIDE. Facts are yours to twist to your own desire, eh, bob? "Enhance it"? You're not above out-and-out lying, and you've proven that every time you post.

Tell us again how you don't have to have any data or facts regarding braking performance on different size tires--that all that matters is "it brakes fine" and/or "I let the ABS handle it".

You are saying that "it brakes fine" is a suitable substitute for actual data. Again, every time you post something, you show what a wacko you are.

Did you really say that? Well, of course you did--you're an absolute wacko.

Measuring stopping distance of one tire against another is absolutely meaningful, and it's how the REAL world does things. But in your fantasy world, you decide you can do anything you want and declare it to be real and factual.

You're a wacko.

Yes, the stopping distance is a function of the tires. And the ABS will modulate the brake pressure at the wheels at a level close to the optimum braking force FOR THE TIRE THAT'S INSTALLED--that is, the ABS will not allow even the slickest and least sticky of tires to lock up.

What will happen is that braking distance will change based on the tire itself, because as you say "stopping distance is a function of the tires".

So if "stopping distance is a function of the tires" then why don't you care what affect a different tire would have on stopping distance? Why do you put on a different size/model tire and declare it to be satisfaction simply because "the car stopped"?

That's what this all started with: your own declaration that you saw no need to measure braking distance with the different sizes of tires, simply because you "let the ABS do its thing". You apparently don't even know the physics behind all of this, and/or are trying to flummox the public--who, as you can see with Al Falfa, is full of ignorant people--into thinking that your fantasy world has any basis in reality.

The NHTSA never said "that the ABS engages is enough". You created those words out of thin air, and then had the gall to quote a complete non sequitur.

ABS most certainly will keep ANY wheel from locking up, because the purpose of ABS is to maximize braking and control--and that is done solely by keeping the tire on the edge of locking up, without actually locking up.

But ABS has nothing to do with braking DISTANCE; as you yourself said, that's a function of the TIRE.

You don't have a clue, but you sure do like to act as if you do. And then you strut around proudly because you've gotten other ignorant people to follow you, the blind leading the blind.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

wow, Consumer Reports. Is THAT the data you use for your pretty charts and graphs??

And you say it so proudly.

...and from that you declared that there's no difference in braking distance between tires, AND no need to bother to measure it.

And then when pushed, your idea of measuring it is...a Consumer Reports rating of the tire from 1 to 5.

This has all been FASCINATING, bob. It sure puts your pretty charts and graphs into the proper perspective.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

You keep thinking that, bob. In your little world, what color is the sky?

Still waiting for that data from you on braking distance--data other than "well, I think it braked just fine, therefore that's the end of it."

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

You keep thinking that, bob. In your little world, what color is the sky?

Still waiting for that data from you on braking distance--data other than "well, I think it braked just fine, therefore that's the end of it."

Since you seem to be stuck on this point, why don't you do a little of your own research instead of making a fool out of yourself by denigrating others?

Reply to
Al Falfa

Tell us all, bob, why I would want to hire you to provide data for your own claims.

Tell us all, bob, why you won't provide your own data to back up your own claims.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

You say that as if it's meaningless, yet your claim was that changing tires "made no difference in braking".

Keep it coming, bob. You apparently love living in the holes you dig for yourself.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

no, YOU hire someone else.

If YOU want to make claims about performance, then YOU back them up. It's not up to the rest of the world to back up YOUR claims.

You act as if simply because you say something, it must be taken at face value--when nothing can be further from the truth.

You're happy to provide data that YOU like, while pointedly ignoring data that you DON'T like--and then try to make that the rest of the world's problem.

That's not how it works. If you want to claim "no difference in braking" then you have to provide data.

It was even funnier to watch you try to come across as erudite by saying that "it braked fine" and "I let the ABS work, so it brakes fine".

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

well, Bob, I wasn't the one making the claims. YOU made the claims.

And you continue to insist that you have no responsibility to back up the very claims that YOU made.

You continue to insist that "I let the ABS work and it braked fine, therefore I had no need to test the braking performance" is actual data.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty