Pure HELL changing a tire on my 2007 Prius

All was fine removing the bolts up to the point where I attempted to remove the rear passenger tire. Acted like it was glued on. Got on the ground on my back and kicked at the tire. Nada. Had to take a prybar and remove the plastic hubcap and gently pry between the tire and the drum. Once one corner broke free, could repeat until tire came off. Curious, I checked WTF was gluing the tire on to the car. Some kind of thick black gunk. Ideas? My brake fluid levels are fine with no evidence of any leaks around the tire in the garage.

Anyone else ever have a tire from hell experience?

Reply to
Hello