Re: Toyota Prius Memochat

You can buy a refurbished matched battery from green tec auto for $1000.
They work like a champ.
As for the mileage, we put one of those batteries in a 2010 Prius with 350,000 miles on it. Battery was dead, horrible mileage. We bought the car that was in otherwise decent shape for $1,400, changed the battery now mileage is like a new car. Needs brakes next.
On Sunday, May 19, 2019 at 1:19:28 PM UTC-5, pgd wrote:

Or you can use the one of many suppliers on craigslist for about half that price that rebuild the pack with OEM cells. Many times there is just a bad cell or two. Replacing these and re-balancing the pack is all that's needed to resolve the problem. They bring a replacement pack to you and install in about an hour.
The triangle error message is not the end of the world. Many times the erro r can be cleared with a $20 obd-II tool that has wireless connection to you r phone and the car continue to provide good services for months and years down the road.

Site Timeline