To all the idiot drivers

This is the sequence:

  1.  Signal that you are going to turn or change lanes.
  2.  Brake or slow down if you need to.
  3.  Turn or change lanes.

That is the only sequence; do not alter it, and no steps should be omitted; it shouldn't be all that hard to remember.  Please get that through your thick skulls.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Posting while driving, again?

Reply to
Who Dat?

Making a fool of yourself again?

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Michelle Steiner:

It's not necessarily thick skulls. Tradition! Tradition! In Maryland cars are required to have a flashing light system that is usually referred to as a turn signal or, more familiarly, a "blinker." Tradition here dictates that it be activated *after* turning or changing lanes to signify "I have just made a turn," or "I have just changed lanes."

Come to think of it, it's a bit like Twitter. First you do it, then you tell everyone that you did it. Never mind that they saw you do it. In Maryland you still need that signal *afterward* to say "I did it."

If you see someone here signal before making a move, five will get you ten it's not a native Marylander.

Davoud

Reply to
Davoud

It's not just Maryland; it's all over the country.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Nowadays, when you signal, that automatically means someone MUST cut you off. Driving with the proper distance behind a vehicle also automatically means, "Hey howya doing please jump in front of me and smoke my brakes." Jenkem poops, I call them.

Reply to
SafetyLast

Some system or another required that I specify my superpower when I signed up. So I wrote, "I can operate a turn signal."

Reply to
Chuck Charlton

*smile*
Reply to