Towing

My wife and I have just purchased small motor home

23 ft.Coach House. We plan to use it three to four times a year. Are there special procedures that have to be cared for in order to use a Prius as a "toad"

E. Brown

Reply to
Edd Brown

As the owner's manual says, it can't be done. At least the front wheels have to be off the ground when towing.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

The Prius cannot be towed as a "toad" - all 4 wheels on the ground (as is common with many automatic transmission vehicles). You have to tow with the front wheels off of the ground, so you will have to rent or purchase a towing dolly.

Reply to
mrv

If you use a towing dolly be sure to check the rear clearance.

Reply to
Bill